Motor Trade

Our Commercial team has a wealth of experience in Motor Trade Insurance and we are well versed in placing it with a range of top rated insurers.

We offer a personal service. One of our experienced account handlers can come and assess your business to get a true understanding of what you do and how you do it.  Equipped with the right information, a personalised policy with the right levels of cover can be prepared.  This means that you only pay for what your company requires.

Whatever your size of business, whatever your business focus, we can find Motor Trade Insurance that protects all your business risks.

Our clients trust us
to find the best deal


  • Buildings and Contents

  • Business interruption

  • Money

  • Goods in Transit

  • Employers and Public Liability

  • Road Risks

  • Engineering Inspection

  • Legal Expenses

These are the main covers but not an exhaustive list. Please enquire for covers not listed


  • Loss of license

  • Wrongful conversion

  • Personal Accident

  • Directors and Officers Liability

These are the main add-ons but not an exhaustive list. Please enquire for add-ons not listed

We can Insure:

  • Service, repair and MOT centres
  • Accident repair centres
  • Commercial vehicle repairers
  • Dealerships
  • Type fitters
  • Auto Electricians
  • Motorcycle dealerships
  • Mobile mechanics
  • Part time traders or mechanics working from home
At Tricketts Insurance Brokers we can, if you wish, update the Motor Insurance database for you when you add or change a vehicle. Other brokers ask you to do your own, or may charge for this service.
Extra Mile
Most policies include an excess. This is the amount you have to pay if you make a claim on your policy. You can often negotiate a cheaper premium if you accept a higher excess. Your excess is stated on your Certificate of Insurance or your Insurance Schedule
What is an Excess?
Certain policies can offer financial assistance towards the cost of implementing risk improvements. Ask your advisor for more information.
Did you Know?
If you give a sum insured for building/contents which is not enough, your insurer can reduce a claim by the percentage that you’re underinsured. For example - insure for 80K, but correct value is 160k, means you’re underinsured by 50%. Make a claim for 50k and you could get 50% reduced and receive only 25K.
Condition of Average Clause

Terms and Conditions | Privacy & Cookies | ©2021 Tricketts Insurance Brokers is a trading style of James Trickett & Sons (Insurances) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority #304873 Reg No 587444 England. A member of the Compass Group.