Tradesmen Insurance

Our Commercial team fully appreciates the diverse nature of insurance cover for Tradesmen and Contractors.  We can protect you and your business whether you are a sole trader, limited company or partnership.  We can cover all trade types including work at heights, depths and using heat work and public liability now up to £10mil in one policy.

We have the knowledge and expertise to help you to build your own package dependent on your business size, experience and category.  We have access to a breadth of insurers and can extend your covers to suit your requirements and risk exposure.

In a world of increasing negligence claims it’s better to make sure you, your employees and the property you work on is covered.

Stay safe – protect your business from a potential claim.

Our clients trust us
to find the best deal


  • Public and Products Liability

  • Employers Liability

  • Tools and Trade Materials

  • Contract Works

  • Plant Cover

These are the main covers but not an exhaustive list. Please enquire for covers not listed


  • Van Replacement

  • Personal Accident

  • Commercial Vehicle Insurance

  • Office Insurance

These are the main add-ons but not an exhaustive list. Please enquire for add-ons not listed

We can Insure:

  • Roofers
  • Electricians
  • Plumbers
  • Painters and decorators
  • Landscape gardeners
  • Groundworkers
  • Plasterers & Renderers
  • Builders
  • Carpenters
  • Scaffolders
If you are completing a contract for a large company you may be asked to obtain a certain indemnity level for your Public Liability cover. Always check what indemnity limit you require.
Contract Indemnity Levels
If you employ staff on any basis you are required by law to have Employers Liability. EL insurance will help you pay compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of the work they do for you. Standard issues of cover is £10m.
Employers Liability
Protect the vehicle(s) that you use at and for work. Tricketts Insurance Brokers can offer great covers and rates on Van and Commercial Vehicle Insurance.
Commercial Vehicle
In the event of a tool or trade material claim you must be able to provide proof of ownership. We suggest you keep a file of your purchase receipts for this purpose.
Tool Cover

Terms and Conditions | Privacy & Cookies | ©2021 Tricketts Insurance Brokers is a trading style of James Trickett & Sons (Insurances) Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority #304873 Reg No 587444 England. A member of the Compass Group.